Saturday, November 6, 2010

Children at Play on the Beach

Beach Play
Isn´t it fun to watch children playing in the ocean waves? Here three little girls enjoy a hot summer´s day on a Brazilian beach. This is one of my favorite spots, because the waves are tame and the water is shallow enough that you can wade far out. In the summer the temperature is like bath water.

I have always admired the Spanish artist Joaquin Sorolla and  American John Singer Sargent. Inspired by their oceanside paintings I did a series of my own. Next time you are at the beach, marvel at the myriad of color that is reflected in the water.  A hint for beginning artists: when thinking about composition, odd numbers are more pleasing to the eye than even.

This paintings received Honorable Mention at the International Academy of Modern Art Salon in Rome in 2006.

Are you interested in a painting on my blog? All are for sale. Contact me at mdiggs@mdiggs.com for details.
Also visit: www.mdiggsart.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment